Community Health Worker Program
As the urgency of the COVID-19 Pandemic receded, the Community Health Worker (CHW) Team continued their efforts to educate and provide resources to the Greater Hartford Community.
During this time to add to their skillset, the CHW’s have completed multiple trainings and acquired certification in;
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing from Johns Hopkins University
- HIPAA Awareness for Business Associates
- Adult, Child, and Baby First Aid/CPR/AED training from the American Red Cross
- Violence Prevention Professional training from the Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (HAVI)
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention training series from Crisis Prevention Institute
Working alongside partners the City of Hartford, the Family Life Center and the Hispanic Health Council, the HCTC team reached a staggering number of people and businesses to provide PPE, public health information, and to support testing and vaccination clinics. In less than one year, over 4,000 individuals have been reached through these outreach efforts.